HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! (Be-lated)
So - I don't usually put a ton of effort into Halloween, but lately I've been wanting to get some good costumes that can be reused. A few years ago, mom helped me with a Gypsy costume. Looked great! I decided I wanted a Jane Austin dress this year (pick which character - Elizabeth Bennett, Miss Dashwood, Emma - whatever). Since I know hardly anything about sewing (not as cool as Kara who sews her own dresses!) I recruited my mom to help. She is amazing! We would tell her what kind of dress we wanted in high school & she would have to combine 3 patterns to make it possible. They always looked great!
We started a little late - I ended up going over there quite a bit in the week before, but we did it! I help with the accessories while mom did the dress. Many late nights later we had the finished product! MOM IS AMAZING!!!!
Hilary went as a School Teacher - we needed to hit mom's jewlery to get some cool stuff, but she still looked good.
Even had a few cousins along for it! At one of the parties I had Jazz, Lex (from the Millars) and Ashley & Kaycee (from the Thompson side). There were some pretty great costumes. Almost got attacked!
I'm not sure how I feel about Daisy Duke - but man - how would it be for a girl to have those abs??!!! He said he had been practicing on his girlish stance all day.
While looking for fabric at Joann's I found this costume almost ready to go. We had to add sleves to make it modest & we had to make the belt go all the way around - or it would sag. So of course mom did it again! I helped find the material - which normall wouldn't be hard -but I did have to go to 3 different fabric stores to find it (I know poor me!). Both costumes were great! & I had 2 different parties to go to. PERFECT!!
I Rule!!!



3 comments:
i love the costumes! you look great. and ofcourse the dr pepper is my favorite! hehe. hope you had fun and we can't wait to see you this weekend.
How fun! Your costumes looked great, don't you just love handy moms :)
Wow! You went all out. I love both costumes. Me and Drew were total party poopers this year. we didn't dress up, oh wait we never dress up. We suck!
Post a Comment